There has been a Seventh-day Adventist presence in the Glen Burnie area for over 100 years. A group Bible study first started in a building now known as Jeanette's School of the Dance currently located on 5th Avenue in Glen Burnie. The membership grew, and through work and Bible study a church building and school were erected in 1958.
Money was actually raised by selling donuts and other fund-raising activities. The buildings erected at that time are still in use. The school was converted for use as a community services center after the youth grew up and there was no longer a need for a school. During that time there was an active Pathfinder Club which traveled to Bermuda and Colorado among other places. The main purpose of the club was not to travel but to instill Christian values in the youth of the church. Several of those young people are current members and leaders in the Living Word Seventh-day Adventist Church.
The Community Services Center was used to serve the needs in the Glen Burnie area and has been in use for that purpose for over thirty years. It has been used for Alcoholics Anonymous meetings and Sunday church groups as well as other activities for the community by the church.
The church is a beacon in the community. Over the years it has hosted smoking cessation seminars, health fairs, 5K runs, bread-baking classes, Daniel and Revelation seminars, and other outreach activities designed to witness for Jesus in the community.
In March 2015 the Brooklyn Seventh-day Adventist Church and the Glen Burnie Seventh-day Adventist Church combined to form the Living Word Seventh-day Adventist Church. This new church is eager to expand the ministries we already offer and spread the love of Christ.